Green Party of California
for Member, Delegation to Green Party of the United States
March 19th, 2007
Name - Eugene
County - Los Angeles
Contact information - (818)
• 17 years experience in social work. Experience in case management, crisis
management, working with the mentally ill, and with child abuse.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, hard working, reliable, self-motivated,
and willing to learn new things.
• Six years teaching experience in Social Studies and bilingual, fluent
in English and Spanish.
Weingart Center Association Los Angeles, CA
Case Manager August 2006 to February 2007
• Served as a bilingual counselor to a caseload of 62 single homeless men.
• Counseled clients on substance abuse, education, employment, savings,
and housing to target goals.
Jewish Family Services West Hills, CA
Supportive Services Counselor July 2006 to August 2006
• Worked one-on -one with high-functioning autistic and developmentally
disabled individuals to teach life skills and job-readiness.
Byron De Lear for Congress Sherman Oaks, CA
Latino Outreach Coordinator February 2006 to July 2006
• Scheduled and planned meetings for congressional candidate and community
• Created web log and drafted articles to promote candidate and publicize
• Increased public knowledge of campaign issues by calling voters and Latino
Avenues Valencia, CA
Supportive Services Worker May 2005 to October 2005
• Assisting developmentally disabled and autistic adults with life skills.
• Acted as a job coach encouraging clients to return to work, and transported
• Administer medicine, arrange hospitalizations, and schedule medical appointments.
Federal Emergency Management Agency Pasadena, CA
Intake Assistance 2004
• Assisted victims of four major hurricanes by accurately taking their
application by phone.
• Monitored aid given for emergency trailer assistance and duplicate investigation
• Used bilingual abilities to assist victims.
Maximus Burbank, CA
Gain Social Worker 2004
• Assisted AFDC/TANF/CALWORKS clients in obtaining employment, education,
and child care.
• Arranged services for clients such as violence counseling, substance
abuse counseling, transportation funds, educational funds, and mental health
Associated Staffing Van Nuys, CA
Mental Health Counselor 2003
• Counseled severely mentally ill client during crisis and facilitated
51/50 emergency hospitalizations
• Case managed approximately 100 clients and documented case histories
and treatment plans.
• Provided community referrals and resources, and facilitated prescription
LA County Dept. of Children and Family Services Los Angeles, CA
Children Service Worker III 1989 to 2002
• Supervised caseload of 55 children and parents. Monitored educational,
psychological, emotional, and physical progress of children. Visited foster children/foster
parents in their homes on a monthly basis.
• Provided referrals for drug rehabilitation, parenting classes, counseling,
and community resources.
• Prepared monthly court reports on adoption, family maintenance and reunification,
California State University Northridge, CA
BA & Secondary School Credential 1974
Byron De Lear
Margarita Zepeda, Job Counselor
Administrator-LAUSD-Instructor-Leavy Learning Center